In the event of an employee injury please follow the steps below to ensure correct and swift processing of the claim for you and your employee.
- Seek first aid and report the injury to your employer
- See a doctor of your choice as soon as possible and get a medical certificate. This is known as a First Medical Certificate in the workers’ compensation system.
- Fill out the inside pages of this form and give it and your First Medical Certificate to your employer
- Your employer must complete their part of the claim form and give it together with the First Medical Certificate to their insurer within 5 working days of receiving the claim form.
- The insurer then has 14 days to assess the claim
More information on this process is available from the Workers' Compensation Claim Form which can be found in our Document Library.
I love the fact that I can pick up the phone and call and talk to you and things happen straight away
I find John to be a very entrepreneurial person who takes a lot of pride in the success of his companies. He values his clients relationships and will go above and beyond the normal call of duty to provide the service and technical advice which he prides himself on. He is a pleasure to deal with (as well as a good bloke)
Nastasiya, thank you so much you have been fantastic your patience and assistance on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for handling my claim quickly and simply and justifying the value of a broker :)
Just want to quickly say that Haylee from the WA office is absolutely amazing! When the VBA stopped us at every turn trying to renew my partner's licence Haylee went above and beyond with stay back late to countless back and forth emailing until the VBA were satisfied. Props to you Haylee, you don't get customer service like that anymore!