In the event of an employee injury please follow the steps below to ensure correct and swift processing of the claim for you and your employee.
- Seek first aid and report the injury to your employer
- See a doctor of your choice as soon as possible and get a medical certificate. This is known as a First Medical Certificate in the workers’ compensation system.
- Fill out the inside pages of this form and give it and your First Medical Certificate to your employer
- Your employer must complete their part of the claim form and give it together with the First Medical Certificate to their insurer within 5 working days of receiving the claim form.
- The insurer then has 14 days to assess the claim
More information on this process is available from the Workers' Compensation Claim Form which can be found in our Document Library.
11 out of 10. Love your work
Best insurance ever !!!
Over the past 30 years I have dealt with a lot of Insurance companies and Insurance Brokers both as a client and in my capacity as a Manager for Zurich and with my own brokerage. It is rare that I ever get impressed by someone enough to write an email but in this case it is a must. I firstly want to say thankyou for the help and support you extended us today. You were refreshing to talk to, informative and efficient and you did exactly what you said you would do, in the time that you said you would do it. I cant think of anything you could have done better. You should be very proud of yourself. Could you please forward this email to your employer for me as I would like him to know (as im sure he does) of the fantastic job you are doing. I will certainly be recommending your services to everyone I can.
once again, THANKYOU very much.
Thank you Aiobhinn for your prompt response in settling my claim. It is greatly appreciated.
Just want to quickly say that Haylee from the WA office is absolutely amazing! When the VBA stopped us at every turn trying to renew my partner's licence Haylee went above and beyond with stay back late to countless back and forth emailing until the VBA were satisfied. Props to you Haylee, you don't get customer service like that anymore!